Five Safety Tips from Excel Electrical Contractors
All commercial electrical contractors work needs to carried out to rigorous safety standards by law. To ensure these standards are met you need an NICEIC Approved Contractor. Excel Electrical Contractors Ltd is an NICEIC Approved Electrical Contractor so you can be confident that the commercial electrical installation work carried out within your premises or construction project meets such demands.
Safety Tips for Commercial Electrical Installations from Excel Electrical Contractors
So you’ve just moved into your new premises following a brand new commercial electrical installation. We have some safety tips to keep you safe in your workplace.
- Over time all commercial electrical installation work will start to deteriorate. Getting an electrical inspection every 5 years from an electrical contractor will help to identify if any areas of the electrical installations within your building needs updating. This is known as an EICR (Electrical Installation Condition) Report. This has superseded the PIR or Periodic Inspection Report.
- The workplace is full of electrical devices which we take for granted. From kettles and microwaves to PC’s and other IT equipment. All of these need regular testing to ensure that they are safe. Outside of the commercial electrical installation that makes up the building infrastructure you will need a PAT (Portable Appliance Test) Report.
- Switch off electrical appliances – at the end of the working day make sure all electrical devices are switched off to avoid the risk of fires caused by electrical faults.
- Carry out a visual check of all electrical appliances every 6 months. Signs of fraying cables, blackening around the sockets, faulty light switches all need attention to avoid accidents and injury.
- Test smoke alarms weekly – these are vital early warning systems and can buy vital seconds to help you evacuate the building.
Choose Excel Electrical Contractors for Safe Commercial Electrical Installations
Excel Electrical Contractors are experts in commercial electrical installations and testing. If you would like a quote for our commercial electrical services, or you require ongoing maintenance and testing on your premises, contact us today.