Back to School Electricity Facts
It’s back to school across the country for children this week for the start of a new term and a new school year. Excel Electrical Contractors have been busy carrying out electrical installations in schools during the summer holidays so that classrooms are ready and waiting for learning.
Being accredited electricians in Stafford, we thought it was just the right time of year to share a few facts about electricity with you! So here goes…
Did You Know? Fun Electricity Facts
Electricity is the presence or flow of charged particles. Today we rely on it for every aspect of modern living from working, travelling, learning, shopping, recreation, health care, communication and much more. But did you know…
- Electricity travels at the speed of light, which is an incredible 186,000 miles per second!
- The electrical discharge in the atmosphere we see as lighting flashes are about 3miles long but only about 1 cm wide, yet a lightning bolt contains as much energy as detonating a tonne of TNT.
- In 1879, the first street in the world to be lit by electric light bulbs was Mosley Street, Newcastle upon Tyne.
- The only country in the world whose electricity comes from completely renewable sources is Iceland.
- Thomas Edison turned on the world’s first electricity power station in Pearl Street, Manhattan, New York City in 1882.
- Our hearts rely on electricity to function. The muscle cells are contracted by electricity that runs through our body to create the heartbeat.
Excel Electrical Contractors Are Electricity Experts
We hope you enjoyed those facts about the power source we often take for granted. Excel Electrical Contractors are fully qualified and NICEIC accredited electricians in Stafford and Wolverhampton. We understand the importance of safety and high quality workmanship when it comes to installing the electrical infrastructure and fittings for your home or workplace. If you require a quote, please contact us.